The Axon PBX is a simple and easy to use PBX system for the Windows operating system. With its simplified web interface, you can configure the most basic setup; and if you pair it up with the IVM Auto Answering Attendant; you will have the ability to create a more complex setup.
Please note, Callcentric is not responsible for preventing unwanted physical or remote access to your IP PBX. If your IP PBX is compromised, you will be responsible for all associated damages.
Please be sure to read this guide regarding securing your IP PBX solution.
NCH Swift Sound Homepage|
Axon Virtual PBX Product page
General Axon PBX FAQ
|Configuring the Axon PBX|
Here we will configure the Axon PBX through the web interface to properly route both incoming and outgoing calls to and from Callcentric. The information presented in this document is based on version 1.30 of the Axon PBX software. This guide assumes that you have installed the Axon PBX. This setup guide also assumes that you have administrative access to the Axon PBX administration interface.
We recommend that you read each step through in its entirety before performing the action indicated in the step.
||Adding an Extension:|
- From the main page of the Axon PBX, select Extensions (Or click on the Add Extension link under the Actions header).
- Assuming that there aren't any predefined Extensions, click on the Add New Extension button.
- Input the extension's credentials (i.e. Display Name, Password).
- Click on the Save Changes button to save your newly created extension.
||Adding an External Line|
- From the main page of the Axon PBX, select External Lines (Or click on the Add External Line at the top of the page).
- Assuming that there aren't any predefined External Lines configured, click on the Add New External Line button.
- Use the following credentials:
|ID or User Name:||This is either the default extension 1777MYCCID OR 1777MYCCIDEXT, where 1777MYCCID is the 1777 number assigned to you by Callcentric and EXT is the three digit extension you are trying to register this UA to.
For example: 17770001234101 would register to extension 101 on account 17770001234.
You cannot register to your account using only the extension number.
|Password:||Enter your extension SIP Password here. Your extension SIP password is the password you created for the extension you are trying to use. You may edit the SIP password you wish to use in by logging into your My Callcentric account and clicking on the Extension menu link and then modifying the appropriate extension.|
|Incoming Calls Ring On Extension or Group:||101|
|Select the Use Gateway Server option|
- Next, click on the Advanced Line Settings button.
- From there, click on the radio button next to the option Use a different server as the outbound proxy and input callcentric.com in the Outbound Proxy field, as shown on the screenshot below.
- In addition, next to the setting labeled Prepend digits(s) to caller ID insert 9 in the appropriate field. This will allow you to send calls to Callcentric by dialing 9 before you number. For example 917771234567 instead of just 17771234567.
- Click on the Save Changes button to save your advanced settings.
- Click on the Save Changes button to save your new external line.
||Adding a Dialing Rule:|
- From the main page of the Axon PBX, select Dialing Plans (Or click Dialing Plans from the top of the page).
- Assuming that there aren't any predefined dialing plans, click on the Add New Outbound Dialing Plan button.
- From there, label your new dialing name callcentric, as shown on the screenshot below. When you are finished, click on the Save Changes button.
- Next, click on the Add Dial Rule link on the Dialing Plan page.
- On the dialing rule page, please use the following settings:
|If number starts with:||9|
|-> Remove digits:||1|
|-> Dial On Line:||callcentric|
- Click on the Save Changes button to save your dialing rule.
- Once you have added the dialing rule, visit the extension that you created earlier and ensure that the option labeled Outbound Dialing Plan is set to callcentric.
||Configure and test UA (User Agent)|
- Choose your desired UA
- Use the IP address or hostname for your Axon PBX along with "101" (the extension created earlier which is the username) and the password for the 101 extension to connect to your Axon PBX.
- Next you will want to try placing test calls to and from your Axon PBX using the UA currently connected to your newly created extension (101). To perform test calls please follow this link. Remember to use 9 as your outside line qualifier.